What is the purpose of Project SEARCH?
It is a nine month internship for young adults with disabilities that involves full immersion into the workplace. The number one goal is for them to obtain competitive employment in the community.
What are job rotations?
Students work at various jobs throughout the host business. The work experiences are called job rotations, each intern has three 10 weeks rotations throughout the course of the program.
- Appropriate use of Technology
- Communication Skills
- Money Skills
- Public Speaking
- Taking and Following Directions
What kind of person makes a good Project SEARCH candidate?
A person that is dependable, hardworking, determined, positive, accepting of feedback and wants to get a job.
Our Project SEARCH Locations:
- Hamilton Medical Center in Dalton: High School Student Program
- Shaw Industries in Dalton: Young Adult Program
- Northside Hospital-Cherokee in Canton: Young Adult Program – website:http://www.projectsearchcherokee.com/